Monday 21 January 2013

Here's to Fluidity....



The world is not going to change, and neither will I....


When a problem arises someone would always focus on pointing fingers , figuring out who's fault it is as if that piece of information can contribute to the solution, and rather than figuring out what went wrong and how to remedy it , people tend of fixate on swinging blame until someone finally pleas guilty, and most times no one does. I don't know how I ended up in this position, the official guilt bin, and it's not that I get accused, I just admit to the fault so we could move on to the solution or just shut up altogether. With time that became the expectation , for me to step up but it acquired a fancy new term , and in the name of "taking responsibility" I sold myself short. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, it works, most of the time and it serves it's purpose. I do not expect nor desire an appreciation of this trait of mine and I do what I do for my own peace of mind . What bothers me though is the fact that because of this , I somehow wound up with many labels that I do not appreciate . " Reckless" , "Naive" , "idiot", "fool" , "hypocrite" , and my all time favorite "attention seeker".
I really do not understand this world and I admit it. I am in pursuit of knowledge and I'll seek it to it's lair but people.... I gave up on them eight ways to Sunday!
If you're spontaneous and friendly, you come off needy and in need of constant approval.
If you're aloof and kept to yourself , you come off an arrogant loner.
If you're trusting, you're weak ,naive and pathetic.
If you're cautious , you're paranoid and pessimistic.
If you believe in human goodness, you're an idiotic dreamer.
If you don't , you're a depressive cynic.
If you love with all your heart, you're a stupid hopeless romantic who deserves the disappointments you've set yourself up for.
If you don't, you're a complicated deeply troubled and damaged person.
If you have strong beliefs and ideals, you're a fanatic.
If you don't , you're a sheep
If you listen to what people think of you , your confidence and self esteem are questioned.
If you don't, you're a stubborn rebel without a clue!

And the best part is, we are somehow conditioned to believe we have to take a pick, it has to be one thing or the other. We forget that the most basic perk of humanity is the fluidity!

No comments:

Post a Comment